This recipe is the perfect option for a quick and easy Meatless Monday meal on the go!
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 large beets, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large or 2 small honeycrisp apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup pecans, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shavings (optional)
- 4 cups spinach
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- Half of a lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and dice butternut squash and beets into 1/2″ cubes. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper until the vegetables are well coated. Spread the vegetables into a thin layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are fork tender. Set the vegetables aside and let cool for 10 minutes.
- For the vinaigrette, mince or grate the shallot into a small bowl. Add the vinegar, mustard, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Drizzle in the olive oil while continuously whisking until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble, add 2 Tablespoons of vinaigrette to the bottom of the mason jar. Next layer from bottom to top: apple slices, butternut squash and beets, quinoa, walnuts, parmesan cheese and spinach.
- Screw the lid on and store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.