Rice pilaf is a staple on many dinner tables and dining menus. But have you ever tried making pilaf with cauliflower rice? It’s light, refreshing and only gets better with age. This zesty cauliflower rice pilaf is made easy with Mann’s cauliflower “rice” for a delicious and flavorful side dish!
This post is sponsored by Mann’s Fresh Veggies. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions are my own. To view my full disclosure policy, click here.
You know those foods that just get better with age? They are good the moment you make them, but they are truly exceptional after a day or two. These are the foods that make for the best leftovers and meal prep staples!
Related post: 5-ingredient nut-free pesto pasta
Rice pilaf in my opinion, is a rather outdated side. Usually accompanied by chicken and green beans on a dinner menu (anyone else presented with this option on a recent wedding RSVP?), “pilaf” usually just means rice with a few spices and maybe some nuts.
This zesty cauliflower rice pilaf is anything but ordinary. Inspired by a couscous salad I had in NYC over 10 years ago, it is packed with flavor and nutrients.
It’s easy to make cauliflower rice at home by adding the florets into a food processor and giving it a pulse, but it can be messy. And, let’s be honest. When presented with the option to save a step in a recipe without sacrificing quality, I’m all for that!
I’m using Mann’s cauliflower “rice” for this pilaf and it’s a huge time saver. What I love most about Mann’s products is that they are always incredibly fresh. I’m pretty picky about my bagged cauliflower rice and if it has an overly sulfur-y smell when opening the bag, it’s a no go. Mann’s passes the test every time!
Mann’s offers a variety of prepped veggies, like veggie noodles for a healthier bowl of pasta, slaw mixes and chopped veggies for a more convenient way to get more produce onto your plate.
This zesty cauliflower rice pilaf only requires seven ingredients and about 15 minutes to make, thanks to the ease of already prepped cauliflower rice. It’s both sweet from the addition of golden raisins and savory from the flavors of green onions and garlic. It’s nutty and zesty. Basically, it’s the best yin-yang recipe for a flavorful side dish, or even salad topping!Print
This zesty cauliflower rice pilaf is made easy with Mann’s cauliflower “rice” for a delicious and flavorful side dish!
- 4 cups Mann’s cauliflower “rice”
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Optional step: soak the raisins in hot water for 30 minutes to allow them to re-hydrate and plump up to result in a softer texture.
- In a large saute pan, toast the almonds over medium heat until slightly golden and fragrant, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add the olive oil and saute the garlic for about 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the cauliflower rice, almonds, green onions and raisins. Saute for about 8 minutes, until the cauliflower is more of a translucent color and cooked through. Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Keywords: rice, cauliflower rice, rice pilaf, bbq, summer, side dish, gluten free, mann’s recipes, sponsored, mann’s fresh veggies, toasted almonds