Tired of trying to figure out what to cook each week when it’s just you at home? I hear ya. This weekly meal plan series is designed for the single home cook, but can easily be doubled or used as a guide for couples and families.
Meal planning can be a game changer in your week when implemented consistently. There’s no better feeling than opening your refrigerator to well-stocked shelves of already prepared, healthy meals that you can grab from during busy days.
With meal planning, there’s no more:
- Running to the store at the last minute because you forgot an ingredient or are just now figuring out what to cook
- Desperately ordering Uber Eats because you didn’t plan ahead and are starving
- Wasting food at the end of the week because your intentions to cook dinners each night didn’t quite pan out like you’d hoped
Sound all too familiar?
STOP! Download my Free Meal Planning Kit + A Printable Weekly Menu Plan to make meal planning a breeze.
For single people, meal planning can feel even more daunting. With most recipes making over six portions, there’s the real fear of having to eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner to avoid wasting food.
Speaking from experience, when there’s no one else you’re accountable to, dinnertime can look pretty bleak. If I didn’t plan ahead, my dinners usually look like a random concoction that barely passes as a meal. This could be anything from a yogurt bowl to a big salad with random ingredients thrown in.
It could be worse, but it gets boring after a while!
This is why I’m launching this weekly meal planning series for one. I’m sharing my own meal plan for the week with notes of how to adapt for dietary preferences and portion sizes.
Here are my goals for you and this meal plan:
- To alleviate the stress of trying to figure out what to cook each week
- To provide you with healthy recipes that can be adapted whether you’re plant based or enjoy meat/seafood
- To include variety in your week and avoid recipe burnout
- To show you it’s possible to meal plan and cook for one
- To get you cooking more meals at home so that you can feel your best and save money
Are you with me? Like, literally going to cook with me? I can’t wait!