This delicious watermelon strawberry lime cooler is the perfect summer treat, whether you’re looking for a signature party drink or just something to help you cool off!
As soon as watermelon hits the bins of the grocery stores, you know summer is here! This juicy, sweet fruit is always a crowd pleaser, whether for a backyard barbeque or healthy snack poolside.
I can remember as a kid my mom would eat her watermelon religiously with salt. What?! I could never get on the salt train, but I was a fan of the sweet, juicy watermelon that all I thought at the time was sugar and water for the most part.
Turns out, watermelon has an impressive nutrition profile that we often underestimate.
Did you know that watermelon has significantly more potassium than bananas? Potassium is an electrolyte in the body that helps decrease muscle cramps and keeps your heartbeat regular.
- It is high in vitamins:
- A — promotes healthy eyes
- C — a huge immune booster and essential nutrient that helps maintain elasticity in the skin (hello, vibrant and youthful glow!)
- B6 — helps boost energy and help your body metabolize fats and proteins
- It is high in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals in the body which slows down the aging process (ahem, wrinkles) and decreases risk of cancer
The Watermelon Strawberry Lime Cooler is Refreshing & Easy to Make
Even though watermelon is the star in this refreshing summertime drink, the frozen strawberries deserve credit for creating a slushy-like consistency and adding even more sweet, fruity flavor to the glass.
This watermelon drink recipe consists of just four ingredients: watermelon, frozen strawberries, lime juice and lime-flavored sparkling water, but you could add a fifth (vodka) to turn this kid-friendly drink into an adults-only favorite.Print
This delicious watermelon strawberry lime cooler is the perfect summer treat, whether you’re looking for a signature party drink or just something to help you cool off. And it’s made with only 4 ingredients!
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup lime-flavored sparkling water
- 1 lime, juiced
- Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses and garnish with extra watermelon or lime slices. Enjoy!
You could also add vodka to this to make it an adult-friendly cocktail and it would be delicious!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: cocktail, summer drink, watermelon, watermelon cooler, watermelon drink
This festive summer watermelon strawberry lime cooler couldn’t be any easier to make and is guaranteed to impress your guests. You could make a big batch of it if you are entertaining. This way you don’t take on the role of bartender for the night!
So, who’s inviting me to their next summer barbeque? I’ve got drinks covered!