This refreshing watermelon feta salad pairs perfectly with just about any meal and delivers a healthy dose of summer on the side (or in the main!). Get the recipe for this simple, yet stunning, watermelon feta salad with mint below!
When I think of summertime, I immediately think of three things: sunshine, gatherings with friends and family, and all of the light and fresh foods the season has to offer. I’m always looking for quick and healthy dishes to throw together for a last minute cookout or dinner when I don’t feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
This summer, I’ve been all about the watermelon. And those mini watermelons on display at almost any produce store I walk into are just too cute to pass up! Believe me, I’ve gotten my fair share of them.
In this salad, the sweetness from the watermelon paired with the saltiness of the feta cheese is like a match made in heaven. Sprinkled with some fresh-picked mint leaves and it’s almost too good to be true!
We are using the whole watermelon in this recipe – rind and all! If you don’t have a melon ball scooper, I highly recommend getting yourself one. It is extremely versatile and a great tool to have on hand when you really want to impress your guests with your presentation skills (or you have a bowl of cookie dough waiting to be scooped into perfectly round cookies)!
This salad is the perfect dish to bring to a potluck-style gathering or when entertaining because you can make it ahead of time and forget about it until ready to serve. So who’s ready to celebrate summer on a plate with me?Print
- 1 watermelon
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the watermelon in half.
- Using a melon ball scooper, scoop out the watermelon forming mini balls and place in a separate bowl. Continue doing this until most of the flesh has been removed and the rind is hollowed out to resemble a bowl.
- Sprinkle watermelon balls with feta cheese and chopped mint (reserving a little extra for garnish).
- Toss with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Scoop the watermelon mixture into the hollowed out watermelon halves and top with any remaining feta cheese and mint.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or until ready to serve.
*This post contains affiliate links. You can read more about my affiliate policy here. Thank you for your support and helping keep the lights on around here!