- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger*
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 2 cups snow peas, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice*
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- 2 cups cooked brown rice*
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion and carrots. Saute for about 5 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red bell pepper, snow peas, salt and pepper; cook for another few minutes until veggies are bright in color. Add the Thai red curry paste, coconut milk, vegetable broth and edamame.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce to low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, until thickened and vegetables are crisp tender. Stir in lime juice and hemp seeds.
- Serve over brown rice and garnish with basil.
If you don’t have fresh ginger, you can substitute for 1 teaspoon ground ginger. Out of fresh limes? Substitute for rice vinegar. You can serve over rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice for a lower carbohydrate alternative. If you’re looking for additional protein, you can add in cubed firm tofu when you add the bell peppers, or you can cook and slice up chicken on the side and add it at the end.
Keywords: pantry staples, gluten free, vegan curry, thai red curry, healthy curry, veggie coconut curry, vegan, easy dinner