These vegan cookie dough energy bites are everything you love about chocolate chip cookies, minus the baking part, especially if you’ve always loved licking the cookie dough from the bowl. Get the recipe below … with a secret ingredient that you won’t want to miss.
I recently got a peek at the new Well+Good cookbook and the chickpea blondies recipe from Molly’s Best are everything and more. My roommate made a batch, and it took everything in me to save some for her.
These chickpea blondies were all I could think about and I needed more. Problem was, I didn’t have the recipe so I decided to make up my own! Too lazy to bake, I thought I could turn my craving into my own version of the baked blondies by giving it the consistency of dessert hummus.
What ingredients do these two things have in common? Chickpeas, aka garbanzo beans.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. When you combine beans with nut butter, vanilla extract and salt, it tastes just like cookie dough.
Chickpeas & Nut Butter … that’s the secret to these vegan cookie dough bites
Because this recipe is for vegan cookie dough energy bites, we can’t just stop there. Something needs to be added to thicken the batter, like a flour. Almond flour it is.
These vegan cookie dough energy bites are deceptively healthy. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients:
- Garbanzo beans are full of protein to satisfy hunger and fiber to balance blood sugar levels and encourage healthy digestion
- Almond butter and flour. These two very different ingredients are made from the same thing — almonds! Both provide healthy fats and protein to each bite.
Add some chocolate chips and you’ve got chocolate chip cookie dough batter. The reason why we are making this into energy bites instead of calling it a day by leaving it in the bowl is because of portion control.
Have yourself a few of these vegan cookie dough bites for a snack or after dinner to satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthier way. Print
Do you love to lick the cookie dough bowl? If yes, then I’ve got a treat for you. These vegan cookie dough energy bites are everything you love about chocolate chip cookies, minus the baking part. Get the recipe below with a secret ingredient that you won’t want to miss!
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Pulse until smooth and beginning to form a ball. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop (or a spoon), scoop out the batter and roll into a ball with your hands.
- Continue until the batter is all gone.
- Store in the refrigerator for a week or in the freezer for a few months.
You can substitute the almond butter with any nut butter you like, and the maple syrup for honey.
Keywords: vegan, snack, cookie dough, healthy snack, vegan snack
Happy (non) baking,