Move over Starbucks pumpkin bread. There’s a new pumpkin muffin in town, and it’s full of healthy baking swaps but just as tasty. These aren’t called, “The Best Healthy Pumpkin Muffins” for no reason, and now it’s your turn to find out why. I’ll even let you in on my sneaky vegan egg replacement. It’s not what you think!
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup unrefined coconut oil
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients (oat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt). Mix to combine. Next, add the wet ingredients. Stir in the pumpkin puree, almond milk, maple syrup, aquafaba and vanilla extract, then add the coconut oil. This prevents that coconut oil from solidifying after coming in contact with chilled almond milk. Mix until well incorporated.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide the batter evenly among the 12 cups using a ⅓ cup measuring cup. Garnish with rolled oats or pumpkin seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown and fluffy. The muffin should spring back when lightly touched. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or the freezer for several months.
If you don’t have a can of garbanzo beans on hand, you could substitute aquafaba for 1 flax egg, or 1 whole egg.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 142 mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 6g (MCTs from coconut oil)
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, healthy baking swap, gluten free pumpkin muffins, vegan pumpkin muffins, healthy pumpkin muffins, oat flour, almond flour, pumpkin puree, healthy baking