Have you ever tried roasted radishes? If you love roasted potatoes, but are looking for a side dish with fewer carbs, radishes are a great alternative. They are like a blank canvas for whatever type of seasoning you choose, and when roasted, become soft and buttery. These herb roasted radishes are seasoned with garlic, nutritional yeast and fresh herbs on one sheet pan for a light and flavorful healthy side dish.
- 1 lb radishes, ends trimmed and halved (left whole if small)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Clean and prep the radishes. To a large mixing bowl, add the avocado oil, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add the radishes and toss until well coated. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer, making sure to spread them out to give them space to roast on all sides. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the fresh herbs on the radishes and shake the pan to coat. Roast for another 5 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Avocado oil is used because it is best for high heat cooking. If you only have olive oil on hand, that’s okay. You can use this instead.
- If you are sensitive to garlic powder, you can omit. Or, if you love garlic and onion flavor, you can add ½ teaspoon onion powder. Feel free to use any kind of fresh herbs you have on hand to adjust the flavor to your preferences.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 136mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: radishes, roasted radishes, radish, side dish, low carb side, low carb, roasted vegetables, roasted veggies, spring recipes, healthy side, sheet pan, sheet pan veggies