You know those foods that instantly make you feel like everything is alright in your world? This raspberry chia chocolate pudding parfait is that food. It will make you fall in love with each and every bite (and maybe even the person you are sharing it with)! This classic fruit and chocolate combo is given a healthy and decadent twist just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Are you a sucker for Hallmark holidays or do you pretend like it’s just any other day? I’ve always found myself resisting the urge to fall into the chocolate and roses coma. But if I really dig deep, there’s a part of me that appreciates the cliche romantic gesture.
Whether you’re drawn to Valentine’s day for the romance or an excuse to indulge in excessive amounts of chocolate, there’s no escaping the temptations of sweet treats in February.
Instead of depriving yourself completely, I always encourage and try to find healthier versions of my favorite indulgences. For Valentine’s day – it’s the classic fruit and chocolate combo.
Related recipe: Chocolate covered strawberry chia pudding
Combining the decadent flavor of chocolate with the freshness of vibrant berries is yin-yang perfection. This raspberry chia chocolate pudding parfait is a simple sweet treat that can be enjoyed any time of the year, but makes Valentine’s Day a little more special (and healthy).
The beautiful presentation of this parfait is all about the layering. A base of raspberry chia jam is accented with fresh raspberries, then topped with rich and creamy chocolate cashew cream and garnished with more fresh raspberries and cacao nibs or dark chocolate shavings.
If you’re looking for a sweet treat that has minimal added sugar and is full of healthy fats and nutrients, then this raspberry chia chocolate pudding parfait is for you! With this recipe, you don’t have to choose between indulgence or nutrition – you can have it all.
A tip for ultra smooth, butter chocolate cashew cream…
When making the chocolate cashew cream, blend for at least a minute once you’ve reached the right consistency. The extra time in the blender will warm the cashew cream, making it extra smooth like butter. I bet you $100 you can’t keep from licking the blender jar!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, plus more for layering and garnish
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- ⅔ cup cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 ½ Tablespoons cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon water
- To make the raspberry chia jam, place 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries in a bowl with the lemon juice. Microwave for about 1 minute, or until thawed and warm. Mash with a fork and add the chia seeds; stir to combine and set aside.
- To make the chocolate cashew cream, drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Add the cashews, maple syrup, cacao powder, vanilla extract, salt and water to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, then blend for another minute or so until warm.
- To serve, divide the chia jam among two glasses. Add another layer of fresh berries. Spoon the chocolate cashew cream on top and garnish with extra berries and cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
Keywords: chia jam, raspberry chia jam, chocolate cashew cream, chocolate pudding, cashew cream, dairy free, pudding parfait, valentine’s day, vegan dessert, vegan valentines day