These Salmon and Asparagus Parchment Packs require minimal ingredients, are easy to assemble, and even meal prep friendly! They’re perfect for someone who loves salmon, but struggles with how to cook it perfectly at home! These parchment packs are fool proof and result in moist, flaky salmon every, single single time.
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 individual portions of salmon
- 2 tablespoons grass fed or dairy-free butter, softened
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (dill, thyme, parsley and basil all work well)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- To make the compound butter, place in a small bowl and add the grated garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Lemon zest would also be delicious.
- Using a fork, mash the herbs and spices into the butter. Set aside.
- Tear of two large pieces of parchment paper (about double the length as it is wide). Layer four lemon slices in the middle of each sheet of parchment paper in alignment with the paper horizontally.
- Divide the asparagus in two and place on top of the lemon slices. Next, layer the salmon filets, then divide the compound herb butter in half and spread on top of the fish.
- To secure to parchment packs, grab the longer ends of the parchment paper and pull them up, meeting in the middle. Roll the paper tightly as you work your way towards the bulk of the filling. To secure each side, continue rolling the parchment paper to secure, twisting as you would a tootsie roll.
- Place both parchment packs on a baking sheet and bake for 18 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through.
- Open up the parchment packs and transfer to a plate. Serve immediately.
You could substitute the asparagus for green beans and the salmon for a different kind of fish, such as red snapper or halibut. Depending on the thickness of the fish filets, you may need to adjust overall cooking time.
Keywords: salmon parchment packs, salmon, seafood, parchment packs, anti-inflammatory, gluten-free, meal prep, make ahead, entertaining