This naturally sweetened orange cranberry chutney uses coconut sugar and orange juice to balance the tartness of the fresh cranberries for the perfect Thanksgiving side dish!
- 10 oz fresh cranberries
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 chopped medium honeycrisp apple
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a medium saucepan, heat cranberries, coconut sugar and ¾ cup water to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate in airtight container until ready to serve.
*I suggest making this one day to one week before serving. This is one of those recipes that gets better with age!
Keywords: healthy swaps, thanksgiving, thanksgiving recipe, cranberry chutney, cranberries, cranberry, chutney, thanksgiving side