If you’re trying to minimize eggs in your diet or looking to switch up the classic quiche, this recipe is for you! Instead of a base of eggs, we are swapping for chickpea flour with sauteed veggies for a vegan-friendly breakfast. Get the recipe for these mini chickpea flour veggies quiches below!
Whenever I’ve tried to go more plant-based for breakfast, I get tired of my options pretty quickly. Of course, there’s always smoothies (which I love!) but I like to have these for a snack, too. Then there’s always oats, pancakes and the sweet options, but sometimes I want savory, you know?
Related post: How to build a healthy smoothie in 5 simple steps
I was first introduced to chickpea quiches in LA at Cafe Gratitude. Side note: If you ever find yourself near a Cafe Gratitude in California, make it a priority to go – their bowls are unbelievable.
My friends were visiting me while I lived out there for a month and so we went for brunch (kind of against my will). Me and brunch play a serious game. Don’t mess with my eggs!
Since Cafe Gratitude is a vegan restaurant, I had to improvise. Even though I have a huge sweet tooth, the thought of something sweet in the morning without the savory doesn’t do it for me. The chickpea quiche on the menu was the closest thing I could find to what my heart really desired and I had high hopes it would satisfy!
The chickpea flour veggie quiche was incredible. It was flavored with a variety of mediterranean veggies, a cashew cream drizzle and avocado slices. YUM. I knew I had to recreate this at home!
These homemade chickpea flour veggie quiches are surprisingly easier to make than you might think. They are similar to making egg muffins in that you can saute any veggie you like, add them to the bottom of a muffin tin and then pour the batter on top.
Related recipe: Clean Green Veggie Egg Muffins
The batter really only consists of three ingredients: garbanzo bean flour, baking powder and water. In this recipe, we are flavoring the quiches with nutritional yeast for a slightly nutty and cheesy flavor, salt and pepper.
Did you know? One serving of chickpea flour has 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber!
These mini chickpea flour veggie quiches are so versatile, too! You can add them to your meal prep routine, make for a savory breakfast dinner or add to a brunch menu (say, for Mother’s Day coming up!).
If you’re trying to minimize eggs in your diet or looking to switch up the classic quiche, this recipe is for you! Instead of a base of eggs, we are swapping for chickpea flour with sauteed veggies for a vegan-friendly breakfast.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch dino kale, ribs removed, sliced and massaged
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and tomatoes, sauté for for a few minutes until the garlic is fragrant. Add the chopped kale and sauté until the kale is wilted.
- In a mixing bowl, add the garbanzo bean flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, salt, black pepper and water. Whisk to combine.
- In a greased muffin tin, divide the veggie mixture between 8 cups. Pour the batter over the veggies until just about full. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until fluffy and cooked through.
- Serve with a side of avocado and/or leafy greens!
Keywords: chickpea quiche, vegan quiche, veggie quiche, chickpea flour quiche, vegan brunch, vegan breakfast, brunch, gluten-free quiche