Instant pot apple cinnamon steel cut oats are much easier to make than on the stovetop and done in no time. These oats are just as nutritious as they are delicious and will keep you full and satisfied for hours.
- 1 ½ cup steel cut oats
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 cups filtered water
- Set the instant pot to sauté mode. Add the coconut oil and apples and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg and sauté for another few minutes or until fragrant and sticky.
- Add the walnuts, oats and water and set the instant pot to high pressure for 4 minutes. Once the 4 minutes are up, allow the Instant Pot to release the pressure naturally. This will take about 10 minutes. Release any remaining steam and transfer to 4 bowls.
- Top with extra walnuts or apple slices.
Leftover oatmeal can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for a few months.
Keywords: breakfast, dairy-free, gluten-free, instant pot, oatmeal, steel cut oats