Making sushi can be a fun activity for a date night at home, girls night in or family night and you don’t need a sushi mat to get started. Just a piece of parchment paper!
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- nori sheets
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 avocado
- julienned (thin sticks) veggies (cucumber, bell pepper, carrot)
- shredded red cabbage
- thinly sliced scallion
- coconut aminos or tamari, for dipping
Miso Tahini Sauce:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tablespoons white miso
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Miso Tahini Sauce: Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Cauliflower Rice: Add cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse until a rice-like texture is formed.
- Assemble the Sushi Roll: Place 1 nori sheet on a piece of parchment paper with the horizontal lines facing you. Spread a thin layer of “rice” over the bottom third of the sheet, going all the way to the edge. Sprinkle the hemp seeds on top. Assemble the remaining filling ingredients by layering the heaviest, first. For example, layer avocado slices, bell pepper, carrot, cucumber, cabbage, then micro greens.
- Rolling the Sushi: Using the parchment paper as your guide and to get a nice tight roll, carefully begin to roll the stuffed nori sheet. Continue to roll until there is 1/2 inch of nori remaining and dab water to seal, continuing to roll. Using a sharp knife, cut the sushi into bite-sized pieces. Serve with coconut aminos and miso tahini!
Keywords: vegan sushi, how to make sushi at home, homemade sushi, sushi