Enjoy this homemade jam recipe made with chia seeds. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- 1 lb (about 3 cups) berries
- 2 Tablespoons sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, honey, raw sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds (or more depending on final consistency)
- Rinse and cut berries into bite-sized chunks if you are working with a larger fruit, such as strawberries.
- Add berries to a saucepan over medium heat, bringing the fruit to a boil.
- Once the berries have formed a saucy consistency, gently smash the berries with a fork or masher for a chunky texture, or with an immersion blender for a smooth finish.
- While continuing to cook your berries, add the sweetener of your choice and any other complimentary flavor (lemon juice, vanilla, etc.).
- Taste your jam to make sure it is sweet enough for your liking.
- Add chia seeds and let cook for another minute while stirring.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- If the jam is too watery, add another Tablespoon of chia seeds and allow to sit for 10 more minutes.
- Once the jam is room temperature, it is ready to serve and enjoy!
*Chia seed jam will last in the fridge for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.