Try this guacamole-based appetizer at your next party this holiday season. Not only does this holiday pomegranate guacamole on roasted sweet potato toasts look pretty, it tastes amazing. The zestyness of lime, burst of tart flavor from the pomegranate seeds and sweetness of the roasted sweet potato toasts is a combination that can’t be beat. Serve this up at your next holiday party for a simple, yet stunning appetizer!
I could eat guacamole by the spoonful. Chances are, if you are an avocado fan, you could too. I love adding fruit and veggies to my guacamole for a flavor twist and to get more nutritional bang for my buck with each bite.
Related post: Pineapple Mango Guacamole
The Perfect Holiday Party Appetizer
Combine this festive green and red combo with roasted sweet potato toasts and be prepared to be amazed. I’ve made this fun appetizer for several holiday parties and everyone seems to congregate around the pomegranate guacamole no matter what else is included in the spread. People can’t believe how good the combination tastes!
The roasted sweet potato toasts are a healthy swap for chips and make for a perfectly portioned individual appetizer.
When making this recipe for a party, you can make it ahead of time by mixing up the guacamole in a bowl, then covering with plastic wrap while pushing the wrap down onto the guacamole to remove any air (which is what turns guacamole brown).Print
Wow your guests with this festive pomegranate guacamole on roasted sweet potato toasts. It’s a delicious and healthy option holiday party appetizer.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4” thick rounds
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the sweet potato rounds onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, until slightly golden brown and fork tender.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocados in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- To serve, place the sweet potato rounds onto a serving tray and spoon guacamole on top. Garnish with extra pomegranate seeds.
Keywords: holiday, pomegranate, guacamole, sweet potato toast, gluten free, appetizer, entertaining