These cauliflower “steaks” are buttery, hearty and will leave you feeling light and satisfied, versus heavy as a traditional steak. Because the cauliflower “steak” doesn’t naturally contain protein, an important nutrient, we’re adding it to the plate by whipping up a silky white bean puree. This recipe can be made in under 30 minutes and uses only 3 ingredients.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- sprinkle of black pepper
Silky Bean Puree
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- ¾ cup cannellini beans
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- To cut the “steaks”, trim the leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower and cut off the very bottom of the stem. Slice the cauliflower lengthwise in half through the stem. Then, cut 1 inch slices from both halves, creating steaks. Trim the remaining florets for roasting as well.
- Place the cauliflower steaks and florets on a baking sheet. Drizzle the steaks with olive oil and then flip and repeat. Drizzle the florets with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle the garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, salt and black pepper onto the steaks. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until slightly golden and cooked through.
- To make the puree, add 1 cup of the roasted cauliflower florets, beans, garlic clove, lemon juice, vegetable broth, thyme, salt and pepper to a food processor. Blend on HIGH until silky smooth, scraping down the sides from time to time. If the puree seems too thick, add a little more broth.
- To serve, spread half of the puree on a plate. Top with the roasted cauliflower steaks and enjoy!
Keywords: cauliflower, cauliflower steaks, meatless Monday, vegan, plant based, gluten free