Instead of using mayonnaise, we are swapping for avocado in this yummy egg salad recipe. This gut-healthy avocado egg salad has a few secret ingredients that are full of probiotics.
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 6 boiled eggs
- ⅓ cup dill and garlic-flavored sauerkraut (or could use regular)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (or dairy-free alternative)
- 2 Tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- To make the avocado egg salad, cut the avocado into cubes and scoop into a mixing bowl. Use a fork to lightly mash. Roughly chop the eggs and add to the bowl along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- To serve, toast up an everything bagel or piece of sprouted grain bread. Smear a heaping ½ cup of avocado egg salad onto your bread and top with veggies of choice (I like sliced cucumbers and microgreens). Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Keywords: egg salad, eggs, avocado, gut health, probiotics, breakfast, easter, summer, barbeque, dairy-free, vegetarian