Golden milk has been having a moment these past few years and is best known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. I’ve got to be honest and tell you that I’m not a huge fan of golden milk. But if you turn these flavors into a yogurt parfait, I’m on board! This golden milk yogurt parfait is full of intense flavor that is balanced by the natural sweetness of the rawnola and berries.
When new trends come on the health and wellness scene, I usually jump right on board. But there’s just something about the golden milk latte that doesn’t win me over. Maybe it’s because when I indulge in a latte, I want there to be some coffee or matcha in there? Probably.
Today, we’re taking the traditional parfait and giving it a healthy makeover with this recipe for a yummy golden milk yogurt parfait with rawnola and berries.
Golden milk is a fancy term for turmeric milk and originates in Asia. It’s similar to turmeric tea, but made even more decadent by adding coconut milk and more nutritious through the addition of ginger.
My personal taste preferences aside, golden milk is incredibly nutritious!
Turmeric and ginger are both anti-inflammatory powerhouses. Turmeric should be consumed with black pepper, which contains piperine, to best absorb the anti-inflammatory compound found in turmeric, curcumin. Ginger helps relieve nausea and digestive issues.
This recipe also calls for cinnamon, a powerful spice known to reduce blood sugar levels (so there’s no energy crash and burn) and is full of antioxidants making it stand out on the anti-inflammatory list, too.
I know the highlight of this recipe is “golden milk”, but this rawnola recipe is pretty impressive on its own. It’s delicious and equally nutritious!
This raw granola is naturally sweetened with dates, is full of fiber, protein and healthy fats or what I like to call “the perfect trifecta”. These three nutrients will help keep you full, satisfied and energized!
You can swap any of the ingredients for those you have on hand to make it a little different each time. It would be delicious with pumpkin seeds, cashews, or lemon zest!
I hope you love this fun twist on the classic yogurt parfait by incorporating the nutritious benefits of golden milk!Print
- 4 cups plain, unsweetened cashew yogurt (or any yogurt you prefer)
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To make the golden milk yogurt, mix the yogurt, maple syrup and spices in a mixing bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- To make the rawnola, add everything to a food processor and pulse until crumbly (or roughly chop all the walnuts and dates and mix together).
- To assemble, place the blueberries in the bottom of a glass jar or bowl. Add a heaping scoop of the rawnola, then evenly distribute the yogurt (1 cup each) among each of the 4 bowls. Top with more rawnola and place in the fridge until ready to eat!
- Serving Size: 1
If you are looking for other anti-inflammatory recipes, check out this recipe for turmeric roasted cauliflower with roasted hazelnuts or my favorite hot lemon ginger detox drink!
If you make this GLOW golden milk yogurt parfait recipe or any other FitLiving Eats recipe, leave a comment below and tag #fitlivingeats on the ‘gram.