Smoothie lovers, rejoice! I’m stepping out of the green smoothie comfort zones today and sharing a delicious recipe that stars carrots, oranges and pineapple. Hello, healthy and vibrant glow! Get the recipe and the nutritious benefits below.
For how much I love smoothies and proclaim their energy-boosting, nourishing effects on the body, I was SHOCKED when I did a search recently on my recipes page and realized that I actually don’t have that many recipes on here! Perhaps that’s because I post most of them on Instagram… hmmm…
Well, we are going to change that and I’m kicking off Spring 2017 with a delicious carrot orange smoothie recipe that will get you glowing from the inside out. And maybe introduce you to a new combo to get you out of your blender rut (oh, that only happens to me?).
When I was working to design the food menu for a local juice bar, I had my fair share of juices, and while I love everything green, my true favorite was the carrot-based juice.
There was no denying that every time I indulged in what I liked to call “liquid gold”, I had an undeniable glow the next day. This was also the juice that we recommended to customers when they starting feeling a cold coming on.
Looking for more healthy and delicious smoothies like this one? Get your copy of best-selling cookbook, Simply Swapped Everyday on Amazon!
Let’s talk about the nutritious benefits of this GLOW carrot orange smoothie, shall we?
Pineapple, oranges and carrots are all nutrient powerhouses when it comes to protecting the immune system and giving you glowing skin!
- Pineapple – high in vitamin C, antioxidants and enzymes making this fruit the ultimate skin brightener and immune booster.
- Oranges – This deliciously sweet citrus fruit is a healthy immune system’s best friend. One orange provides nearly 100% of your daily vitamin C needs!
- Carrots – Carrots are full of beta-carotene which your body converts into Vitamin A, preventing cell damage and premature aging.
In every smoothie, I like to balance the fruits and veggies with healthy fats and protein to sustain my energy and keep me full until the next meal. Hence, the cashews in this recipe which also helps create a creamy texture!
If you don’t have a high-speed blender, I recommend chopping up the carrots before blending, or even going one step further and steaming them, then letting them cool. Otherwise, the texture might be a bit “pulpy”.Print
- Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Split into two glasses or keep 1 serving in the fridge in a mason jar for later!
If you didn’t want the banana, you could double up on the pineapple (just note the texture might change). If you wanted even more protein power, you could add a scoop of plant-based protein powder.
Here are some more smoothie recipes that I love:
- Very Berry Cherry Protein Smoothie (recipe here)
- Dreamy Banana Tahini Smoothie (recipe here)
- 25 Delicious Green Smoothie Recipes to Boost Your Energy
- Golden Milk Smoothie (recipe here)
You can also check out my Smoothies Pinterest Board for even more blender ideas and inspiration!
Be on the lookout for smoothie recipes coming your way! And don’t forget, if you make this smoothie (or any other recipes), let me know! Leave a comment below or snap a pic on Instagram and tag it with @fitlivingeats and #fitlivingeats. I love seeing and sharing your recipe creations!