Try this skinny peach sangria before the summer wraps up. It would be the perfect addition to your menu when celebrating with friends and family or for any backyard grilling get together for that matter.
We are in the midst of summer, which means frequent trips to the local farmers’ market, backyard barbeques, social gatherings, and picnicking at its finest. With rising temps and humidity that seems almost unbearable (especially here in Florida), a refreshing cocktail at the end of the day is a great way to kick back and relax with family and friends.
On a recent trip to our local farmers’ market, I saw the most luscious, ripe peaches that were calling my name, and I knew I had to use them in my next cocktail concoction. Combined with the sweetness of blueberries and the freshness of mint, I came up with a summer sangria recipe that can be enjoyed without the guilt!
With no added sugar, this simple, fruity cocktail brings a little extra excitement to your ordinary glass of white wine (don’t get me wrong – I love a glass of crisp Chardonnay!). Think party in a glass.
And rest assured that a skinny cocktail or glass of wine every now and then can even be a part of your journey towards FitLiving, so long as you enjoy in moderation and avoid any added sugars (think juice cocktail).Print
This refreshing skinny peach sangria is the perfect way to unwind on the weekend with friends and family!
- 2 bottles of chilled, dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling and Sparkling Wine are all great choices)
- 8 peaches, sliced
- 1 pint of blueberries
- Several sprigs of mint
- Combine half of the peach slices with a little water in a blender, and blend until smooth to make a peach puree.
- Add the rest of the peach slices, blueberries and mint to the bottom of a pitcher.
- Next, add the wine and peach puree.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour to allow the flavors to infuse and mingle with one another.
- When ready to serve, add frozen peaches and blueberries to the mix to help keep it extra chilled, or serve as is!
Keywords: sangria, peach recipe, skinny cocktail, sangria recipe, healthy cocktail
*The sangria could be a little tart depending on how sweet your peaches are and how long you let it sit for. If the drink is too tart for your liking, you can make a simple syrup using equal parts of honey and water, zapped in the microwave long enough for the honey to dissolve in the water. But remember – a little bit goes a long way!