Jumpstart your morning routine, improve your hydration and help your body naturally detox with my favorite hot lemon ginger detox recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 2” piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (or to your desired sweetness)
- With a box grater, grate the ginger on the side with the largest holes.
- In a small saucepan, add the water, grated ginger, lemon juice and honey. Bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the lemon ginger tonic into a blender and blend on low until frothy. Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
- For a recipe shortcut, you could add the ginger knob, honey and lemon to a blender, along with hot water. Blend until frothy.
- You could make a big batch of this and store in the fridge for a couple of days. Reheat one serving at a time on the stovetop when ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cleanse, detox, health benefits, hot lemon water, lemon ginger detox tonic, morning routine