Easy Vegan Summer Succotash featuring summer’s best produce: summer squash, zucchini, corn and heirloom tomatoes. Pan-seared with a little olive oil and finished with a squeeze of lime juice and chopped parsley, this summer side dish couldn’t be any easier!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ears fresh corn, husked
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Optional: 2 tablespoons dairy-free butter
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the oil and carrots; cook just a few minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the shallots and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the corn, zucchini, squash, salt and pepper.
- Saute until soft and just golden, stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomato and cook for a few minutes, until just soft.
- Turn off the heat and add the lime juice, parsley and butter (if using).
- Gently stir until the butter is melted and flavors are combined.
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 193mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: succotash, summer succotash, summer squash, tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, fresh corn, veggie side, squash succotash, veggie medley, vegetable side dish, side dish