Soothe your body and get your skin glowing with this warming and detoxifying roasted carrot and butternut squash soup recipe!
- 1 pound carrots, chopped into similar size pieces
- 1 medium (about 1 ½ pounds) butternut squash, peeled and chopped into similar size pieces
- ½ cup shallots, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Coconut milk
- Roasted chickpeas
*could substitute fresh ginger for 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the carrots, butternut squash and sliced shallots on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Lightly toss to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until carrots and squash are fork tender.
- Once cooled slightly, transfer to a blender along with the vegetable stock, coconut milk, ginger, salt and pepper. You might need to do this in two batches if you have a smaller blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, adding additional stock or water to thin if needed (you could also use a hand immersion blender for this).
- Garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk, fresh cilantro and roasted chickpeas.
Keywords: carrot, butternut squash, soup, comfort food, vegan, plant based, 30 minute meal, healthy recipe, gluten free, dairy free