Deviled eggs are an appetizer and finger food go-to, but this recipe keeps it a little healthier by swapping the mayo with avocado. Think of it as guacamole stuffed eggs!
- Prepare the eggs by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Add the eggs and simmer for 2 minutes. Cover and remove from the heat to continue cooking for 11 minutes. Rinse with cold water and place into an ice bath to finish cooling. Peel the eggs, slice in half lengthwise and separate the yolk from the egg whites.
- Add the egg yolks and the remaining ingredients (except for the smoked paprika) to a food processor and pulse until creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a plastic baggie and cut off one corner. Dollop the avocado mixture into the center of each egg half. Garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika and leftover cilantro.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. These avocado deviled eggs are best enjoyed the same day to ensure optimal freshness.
You could boil and peel the eggs ahead of time to cut down on prep work before serving!
- Serving Size: 1 deviled egg
- Calories: 64
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 87mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
Keywords: avocado, avocado deviled eggs, boiled eggs, dairy-free, healthier deviled eggs, eggs, entertaining, keto, paleo, party, vegetarian