Looking for a delicious bean dip to put out for your next dinner party or Super Bowl Sunday? I’ve got you covered with this creamy vegan black bean dip that only requires 7 ingredients! Get the recipe for this game day snack that will earn you your own touchdown in the kitchen.
I’ve never been a fan of football and usually only end up attending Super Bowl parties for the food, company and halftime show. Anyone else?
Win the big game with creamy vegan black bean dip
While guacamole, queso and salsa are always a standard trio, I find that black bean dip adds an unexpected yet welcomed addition to the party. While most dips are loaded with cheese, I chose to keep this one on the lighter side to balance things out.
This creamy vegan black bean dip is so incredibly easy anyone can make it, and tastes so much better than anything you might find at the store. It is loaded with protein and fiber, thanks to the black beans. There’s even a secret ingredient in there to make it creamy and decadent — cream cheese!
Seven ingredients and 15 minutes is all it takes to make this recipe for your next get together. I recommend serving it warm, however, you could serve it any which way you like. This dip is made complete with a side of whole grain chips or veggie slices!
Looking for a delicious bean dip to put out for your next dinner party or Super Bowl Sunday? I’ve got you covered with this creamy vegan black bean dip that only requires 7 ingredients!
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 ounces vegan plain cream cheese
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toppings of choice: diced tomato, cilantro, diced jalapeno, diced red onion, lime wedges
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the red onion and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the cumin, salt and pepper and “toast” the cumin by sautéing for another minute.
- Add the black beans and ¾ cup water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the beans have softened the mixture has thickened.
- Remove the beans from the heat. Using an immersion blender, lightly puree, leaving some of the beans whole (you could also transfer ⅔ of the beans to a blender or food processor and pulse).
- Stir in the lime juice and cream cheese.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with toppings of choice! Serve with whole grain chips and veggie slices.
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 461mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
Keywords: black bean dip, creamy black bean dip, vegan black bean dip, super bowl snacks, game day snacks, dairy free dip