Foods that you can eat for breakfast, as a snack, or for dessert are the best kinds of foods out there, in my opinion. Chia pudding is a sweet treat that I like to have on hand for when I’m in need of a quick breakfast or craving a little something sweet in the afternoon.
In this recipe, the real star is the Pomegranate Berry Motion Matcha. It adds a festive green color to the coconut whipped cream and a fresh, unexpected flavor that transforms this chia pudding into a superfoods parfait. Now, we’re talking!
This recipe for pomegranate coconut chia pudding with matcha coconut whipped cream looks impressive when layered together, but is super simple to make. I don’t know about you, but I love recipes that I know will impress my guests that don’t require a ton of time in the kitchen.
But first, a little bit about Motion Matcha….
If you’ve been around the blog before, then you know that I’m a HUGE fan. I keep a constant supply of motion matcha packets on hand for when I need a quick energy boost (without the caffeine jitters) and when I’m traveling. I love to dump a packet of motion matcha tea with a packet of superfoods green powder into a bottle of water after a flight, or if I know it’s going to be a late night in the home office. I swear my superfoods habits have kept me afloat and healthy this holiday season!
What I love most about the motion matcha products is that they come in a variety of flavors, such as this super delicious pomegranate berry flavor (my favorite!). They are also extremely portable given they are packaged in individual servings, which are great for on-the-go peeps like myself.
What’s the big deal about matcha?
Matcha is best described as providing a “calm alertness” and is packed full of antioxidants, as well as a stress-relieving and mood-enhancing amino acid (l-theanine). It is much more potent than green tea because you’re consuming the whole, ground up leaf.
This recipe was inspired by a menu that I recently put together for a very special private cooking class that I’m working on (more on this later!). My client loves dessert, and so I was trying to think of a healthier way to satisfy her sweet tooth while still making it fun. And so, I transformed my chocolate covered strawberry chia pudding into a parfait!
I guess I was just on a parfait kick, because I continued the trend to incorporate the pomegranate berry motion matcha into its own festive sweet treat. I mean, just look at this thing? Nothing screams the holidays more than red, green and white!Print
This recipe is a great option to add to your holiday entertaining menu, since it can be made ahead of time and can work wonderfully served in individual cups!
- For the coconut chia pudding:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- seeds from 1 pomegranate, about 1 cup
- For the Matcha Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 packet berry pomegranate Motion Matcha
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To make the chia pudding, add the almond milk, coconut milk, chia seeds, coconut flakes and maple syrup to a mixing bowl and whisk until the mixture begins to get thick and resemble a pudding-like texture. Store in the refrigerator for at least an hour to let the pudding thicken up.
- Meanwhile, to make the coconut whipped cream, place 1 (2 to be safe!) cans of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to make the whipped cream, remove the chilled can of coconut from the fridge (being careful not to shake or flip it). Open the can and spoon out the hardened coconut cream, saving the coconut water for other uses (such as smoothies!). Place the hardened cream into a mixing bowl and beat with a whisk until smooth and creamy. Add the matcha powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract; whisk until well combined (This could also be done with a hand beater or stand mixer).
- To assemble, divide the chia pudding evenly between six small serving cups or jars. Then, sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top. Add a dollop of the matcha coconut whipped cream and enjoy!
This recipe would be a great one to add to your holiday entertaining menu, since it can be made ahead of time and would work wonderfully served in individual cups!
This recipe and giveaway is sponsored by Motion Matcha. I received compensation and product for recipe creation. You can learn more about my disclosure policies, here.