These homemade Break and Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are just as convenient as the store bought kind, but much healthier. Featuring a few signature healthy baking swaps, these cookies can be enjoyed immediately, or a few weeks later. Make now, break and bake later!
- ¼ cup unrefined, virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba (the brine from a can of garbanzo beans)*
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ⅔ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, peanut butter, salt and baking powder. Stir to combine. Add the almond flour and mix again. Add the chocolate chips and fold into the cookie dough.
- To make these break n’ bake friendly, scoop out rounded tablespoon amounts of dough and roll into a ball. Place on a paper plate with each ball of dough touching the other, making three rows across and 5 rows down of dough balls. Repeat until the dough is gone, making about 15 cookies. Trim the excess paper plate and place into a large ziploc bag. Squeeze out any excess air and seal tight. Store in the freezer until ready to bake.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the frozen cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. If soft enough, press down slightly to resemble a cookie shape. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- You can substitute the aquafaba for an egg if you don’t have a can of garbanzo beans.
- If you don’t have peanut butter on hand, substitute for nut or seed butter of your choice.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: cookies, break and bake cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, gluten free cookies, healthy chocolate chip cookies, healthy cookies, healthy, baking, chocolate chip cookies, healthy baking swaps