Do you have a love for the crunchy, satisfying goodness of granola? I have a recipe for blueberry vanilla almond granola that is a delicious and healthy topping on yogurt, smoothies or eaten by the handfuls for a satisfying snack!
I remember when I was a kid, my mom would buy a variety of cereals at the grocery store to please each member of the family. The lineup usually looked something like this: Lucky Charms, Cocoa Krispies, Shredded Wheat, Honey Nut Cheerios and Kashi.
And then there was usually the Blueberry Morning by Post because my dad is obsessed with all things blue and blueberries.
Fast forward to today, and I can confidently say that I’ve adopted by dad’s love for blueberries in a big way. I love these little blue gems so much that I put them in my smoothies, homemade bread, on my salads and any other way I can work them into my foods.
I have been on a huge granola kick lately and since my gingersnap granola recipe was such a big hit, I thought I would create seasonal granola recipes to keep my (and yours) kitchen stocked year round!
As I was thinking about what flavors to experiment with, I immediately thought of the Blueberry Morning cereal sitting on the shelf in my parent’s pantry and knew I wanted to use this as my inspiration.
As I was writing down the ingredients, I got even more excited because I realized I could incorporate nut butter and quinoa into this recipe which was something on my list to try! And so, I chopped, melted, mixed, tasted, and baked my heart out until out of the oven came the most delicious, fragrant, crunchy granola with flavors of almond, vanilla and cinnamon infused into the air in my kitchen.
The only thing missing was – the blueberries! I had picked up two blueberry options at the store to see which I liked best: dried and freeze-dried. The dried blueberries ended up taking the win due to their chewy texture that complimented the crispiness of the nuts, oats and quinoa.
Friends, this blueberry vanilla almond granola is KILLER! It is nutty, crunchy and slightly sweet – but not too sweet. It is delicious on top of yogurt, a smoothie, or eaten by the handfuls. But my preferred way to indulge in my new favorite granola? With a splash of my homemade almond milk. It makes me do a happy dance.
Before we get to the how-to, let’s first look at the nutritional breakdown of some of the star ingredients in this blueberry vanilla almond granola recipe:
- Blueberries – an antioxidant powerhouse and an excellent source of vitamin C and K, as well as fiber, blueberries are known to protect against cancer, boost your immune system, promote brain health and ward off heart disease.
- Almonds – most popularly known for supporting heart health, almonds are packed with (good for you) monounsaturated fats, fiber, protein, vitamin E and magnesium. Almonds also help promote weight loss by keeping hunger in check, while still satisfying cravings.
- Quinoa – commonly thought of as a superfood, quinoa is considered to be a complete protein, containing all nine amino acids (rare for plant-based protein!) and has twice the amount of fiber as most grains, which promotes healthy digestion.
- Oats – also known to promote heart health, oats are another excellent source of dietary fiber, specifically beta-glucan which is known to help lower bad cholesterol levels. Oats are also an excellent source of manganese, which promotes bone health.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Making Blueberry Vanilla Almond Granola
This recipe really couldn’t be any easier and is done in 1, 2, 3.
Heat the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat until the coconut oil is melted and the ingredients are mixed well.
Meanwhile, combine the almonds, oats, shredded coconut, quinoa, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Pour the almond butter mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
Spread the granola mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet in a thin later. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the granola is slightly golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Mix in the dried blueberries.
Pour a serving of granola into a small bowl and top with a splash of homemade almond milk. Grab a spoon and enjoy! Step 3 is totally optional, but highly recommended.Print
Blueberry Vanilla Almond Granola (Gluten Free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats, gluten-free
- 2 cups almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat until the coconut oil is melted. Stir until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almonds, shredded coconut, quinoa, cinnamon and salt. Mix to combine.
- Pour the almond butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture into a thin layer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the granola is slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the dried blueberries. Enjoy!
Keywords: blueberry, vanilla almond granola, granola recipe, snack, gluten-free, gluten-free snack, breakfast
What is your favorite snack to have on hand at all times or granola flavor? Share with me in the comment section below!
Carly this looks delicious. No surprise. And to answer your question. Yes. I have a love for the crunchy, satisfying goodness of granola. Have a great weekend. Chat soon.
Hi Jill! Well then there’s one more thing we have in common 😉 Happy Monday!
Oh wow that looks fantastic! Yum
This is so gorgeous. I made granola recently and I don’t know that I will ever buy it again! This is a great combo totally trying this!!
Thanks Christina! I can’t remember the last time I bought granola – it is too much fun making it at home!
This looks really goo! Definitely something I want to try out soon. 🙂
What a delicious granola! All great ingredients blueberries, almonds and vanilla. Perfect for Breakfast or a snack!
Beautiful granola!! I love the almond butter!
Thanks Rebecca! It adds such a yummy flavor.
Pinned, sharing, going to make this! Love everything about it!
Thank you, Annmarie! Hope you love it.
Oh granola is one of my go to comfort foods. I love to sprinkle it on green smoothies and on yogurt and even oats!! Loving the almond granola mixture!
Yes! I have never tried it on oats – what a great idea!
This looks so sinfully delsih! I love healthy and gluten free, since I am gluten sensitive thx for sharing!
You’re welcome, Valerie! Enjoy 🙂
Oh wow! This looks amazing! I love blueberries too and would love to give this granola a try!
Thanks, Kate! Hope you love it!
yummy! this looks so delicious! I really need to start making my own granola ♥
Yes! I can’t remember the last time I bought it in the store. It is so easy to make at home!
I can’t wait to try this! It looks SO good 🙂
This sounds so good. I’m such a suckered for granola!
Me too! I have turned into quite a granola snob 🙂
Oh yes!!!!!! This looks amazing. I pinned it for later too. Super excited 🙂
Thanks Ann! I hope you love it.
I love making granola at home and this looks awesome!
What beautiful granola this is! I love the blueberries and almonds together! Yum!
Thank you Bethany! It’s a delicious combo 🙂
This looks amazing! I think it’ll make moms re-guess the classic morning cereal lineup 😉
I hope so… it is so yummy!
I just LOVE granola, and I’m obsessed with the KIND vanilla blueberry bars so I am betting I would love this. Great recipe Carly!
Yes, those KIND bars are delicious!! Really, I was just so inspired by all of your nut butter recipes!
Amazing! I have been wanting to make my own granola recently and quinoa sounds so good.
I hope you give it a try. It’s delicious!
Yum I am always looking for new granola recipes. It is such a great snack! Dried blueberries are one of my fave dried fruits so I must try this. 🙂
They really are so delicious. This is my favorite granola to date!
Augh! I still have yet to try making my own granola! I really need to after I finish the ones I have!
Yesss!! Just do it once and you’ll never look back!