Do you like to entertain with family and friends, but you’re never quite sure what to put on the menu, specifically the drink menu? Or maybe you are craving something light and healthy to sip on midweek? I’ve got the perfect drink for you – a Blackberry Mint Moscow Mule (sans the alcohol, unless you’re feeling a little festive)! Get the recipe for this delicious and health-boosting drink below.
Even though I am not a fan of the summer heat, I am totally on board with the friends and family get togethers that seem to ramp up this time of year. Whether it’s for a graduation, holiday, or birthday, there seems to always be something going on!
This month as part of The Recipe Redux, we were challenged to put together a healthy, colorful cocktail or mocktail for May celebrations. I love this challenge because it reminded me that I don’t share many of these kinds of recipes and it got me out of my box a little!
Hmmmm…. A cocktail or mocktail that was FitLiving Eats approved?
Blackberry Mint Moscow Mule Mocktail or Cocktail depending on the occasion!
This festive drink screams summer in a glass. The gorgeous color from the blackberries and garnish of mint, to the freshness of the lime and ginger is a true show stopper. No one will know how easy it is to make and how nourishing it is for the body.
Here is the nutritious 411:
- Blackberries are full of antioxidants and other nutrients that are anti-inflammatory and help promote a healthy immune system and youthful looking skin.
- Mint is a calming and soothing herb that is used to aid an upset stomach or indigestion. It is also a natural decongestant and can help alleviate allergy symptoms!
- Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory food, and can help with feelings of nausea and digestive issues.
The secret sauce or well, let’s say “syrup” in this recipe is the simple syrup! It’s sweetened with raw honey and infused with fresh ginger to give this Blackberry Mint Moscow Mule an even greater ginger punch. This simple syrup would also be delicious to have on hand to add to a warm cup of lemon water or tea.Print
- 2 14 oz. bottles of ginger beer
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 limes, sliced, plus more for garnish
- For the simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2” piece fresh ginger, sliced
- To make the simple syrup, bring the water, honey and ginger slices to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for a few minutes until honey is dissolved and the ginger flavor is infused throughout. You could also make this a day ahead to really infuse the ginger flavor! Store in the fridge until chilled and ready to use.
- For one moscow mule, add 1/4 cup blackberries, 4 mint leaves and 2-3 lime slices to a cocktail shaker or mason jar. Muddle with a spoon until the blackberries and lime wedges are broken down and juicy. Add 1/4 cup water and 2 Tablespoons simple syrup. Shake to combine and pour in a glass. Top with ginger beer and garnish with extra blackberries, mint and lime wedges!
- To make an alcoholic version, add 1-2 oz vodka and omit the water.
When it comes to making a fun mocktail (or cocktail) you can never go wrong with fresh fruits and herbs. They add a fresh, healthy twist to any glass!
To really kick your party up a notch (whether for one or many), check out Lettermade cocktail napkins (featured in these pictures). There are so many fun designs to choose from or you can get your napkins customized! And no, this post isn’t sponsored. Malia is one of my amazing friends who has been a role model for me as a true #bosslady.
And don’t forget, if you make this Blackberry Mint Moscow Mule (or any other recipes), let me know! Leave a comment below or snap a pic on Instagram and tag it with @fitlivingeats and #fitlivingeats. I love seeing and sharing your recipe creations!