What if I told you that you could have delicious and healthy meals delivered right to your door that take no longer than five minutes to prepare? Enter in Daily Harvest Superfood Cups. I’m sharing with you my favorite Daily Harvest flavors and how to customize them to ensure a balanced and healthy meal on-the-go!
I’ve been a fan of Daily Harvest from the get go and always have a freezer stocked with their superfood cups. The story of how Daily Harvest came to be solves a problem that I see all the time when working with health coaching clients and even get caught up in from time-to-time, too!
Daily Harvest was created with the goal of wanting to eat healthier, but no time to make it happen. Each Daily Harvest cup delivers real, unprocessed and nutrient-packed foods for a quick smoothie or energizing meal when you’re too busy to make it from scratch. They have recently come out with so many new flavors (hello chilled soups, protein smoothies and fall-flavored harvest bowls) that makes me do a little happy dance every time I open my freezer door.
How to Customize Daily Harvest Cups in a Nutritious Way
If you’ve been a regular around here for some time, then you have heard me talk about The Perfect Trifecta. This tried-and-true method for balancing your plate with healthy fats, fiber and protein helps stabilize blood sugar levels and maintain consistent energy throughout the day.
So let’s talk about how to balance your Daily Harvest cups to master #theperfecttrifecta.
Daily Harvest Smoothies
Smoothies are my (not so) secret to healthy success. Even though I would consider myself a pro when it comes to filling up my blender with nutritious ingredients, Daily Harvest is there for me when I’m feeling lazy or need a little smoothie inspiration.
Remember when we talked about how to build a healthy smoothie in 5 simple steps? Let’s take a look at ingredients to add to my favorite flavors to balance nutrients in a healthy way.
- Acai + Cherry: A go-to when I’m needing my antioxidant fix, I add 1 scoop vanilla protein powder + 1 Tablespoon almond butter for some healthy fats.
- Mint + Cacao: My favorite ice cream flavor turned into a smoothie. I like to add 1 scoop chocolate protein powder or 3 Tablespoons hemp seeds and 1 Tablespoon coconut (or MCT) oil for a refreshing breakfast on-the-go.
- Ginger + Greens (new!): I add either 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein or 3 Tablespoons of hemp seeds for additional protein and 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed for some healthy fats and fiber.
- Carrot + Chia: Your sweet dreams are made with this carrot cake smoothie-in-a-glass. Just add 3 Tablespoons hemp seeds or a scoop of vanilla protein powder for a satisfying boost!
Daily Harvest Bowls
Power bowls are an easy way to ensure a nutritious meal without a lot of effort. Usually I’ll assemble mine with a base of greens, roasted veggies, protein and healthy fats by adding avocado or a tahini-based dressing.
On days when I haven’t prepped ahead or are feeling lazy, it’s Daily Harvest bowls to the rescue! Usually I’m skeptical of frozen meals, but because Daily Harvest focuses on quality ingredients, they taste as fresh as if you made them from scratch.
Some of my favorite Daily Harvest bowl flavors include:
- Brussel Sprouts + Tahini: This bowl highlights the comforting flavors of fall and follows #theperfecttrifecta as is, but of course, you can always pile the mix onto a bed of spinach for a boost of leafy greens!
- Cauliflower Rice + Pesto: You can put pesto on anything and it will be delicious. Saute some spinach into the mix and top with a delicious piece of roasted salmon or throw on some cannellini beans for a boost in protein!
- Chickpea + Za’atar: Light and flavorful as is, or add a few pieces of grilled chicken or 2 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast for a boost in protein to keep you full and satisfied.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own. To view my full disclosure policy, click here.