This recipe for lemon poppyseed muffins is made over to include nutritious ingredients like oat flour, almond flour and unrefined sugars for a delicious and healthy treat.
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup lemon juice + zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the glaze (optional):
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients (oat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest, baking powder and baking soda). Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add the wet ingredients (maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, almond milk, almond extract and salt). Whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until well mixed. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown and muffin springs back when touched.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before drizzling the glaze, if using.
- To make the glaze, add the confectioners sugar and lemon juice to a small bowl. Mix until sugar is dissolved and glaze is smooth. Add more lemon juice or sugar until desired texture is reached. Drizzle on top of the muffins.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to a few months.
- Before transferring batter to muffin tins, you want the batter to look “fluffy”. This will result in a lighter texture that has some rise in the middle.
- These muffins are very delicate, so let cool completely before removing from muffin pan.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 194mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: muffins, lemon poppyseed, gluten free, baking, breakfast, almond flour, oat flour, lemon, poppyseed, baked, vegan