With cooler months ahead, satisfy your craving for a comforting start to your morning with this dairy-free baked cinnamon roll oatmeal. This recipe makes enjoying oatmeal for breakfast easier and more delicious than ever before. All of the delicious flavors of a cinnamon roll in hearty oatmeal form, topped with a dairy-free cinnamon cashew frosting!
I swear the minute the temperature drops, my cravings for oatmeal skyrocket. You too?
Most weekday mornings require breakfast on the fly. This means if it’s not prepped ahead of time, it’s usually toast with peanut butter. How boring.
There are several ways to prep oatmeal, but my favorite way lately is to bake it in batches. Make it once and have oatmeal for breakfast the rest of the week!
Related recipe: Meal Prep Friendly Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cups
Baked Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal with the perfect dairy-free frosting
This dairy-free baked cinnamon roll oatmeal is lightly sweetened and heavy on the cinnamon making it taste like America’s favorite pastry item. But what’s a cinnamon roll without the frosting, right?
Instead of a traditional cream cheese frosting, this recipe calls for a dairy-free cinnamon cashew frosting that is decadent, but much healthier for a breakfast that’s going to be on repeat.
My favorite part about prepping baked oatmeal is that you can make it and forget about it (almost). Otherwise, whether made on the stove or in the microwave, you have to keep a constant eye on it to ensure the oatmeal doesn’t bubble over.
Once this dairy-free baked cinnamon roll oatmeal has been baked, cut it up into pieces and store in the refrigerator for an easy breakfast option in the week ahead, or freeze for later.Print
Craving a comforting bowl of oatmeal in the morning, but don’t want to deal with the mess of it boiling over? Make this dairy-free cinnamon roll baked oatmeal that can be prepared in advance for a healthy breakfast all week long.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon cashew frosting:
- ½ cup cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, coconut sugar, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine. In a separate bowl, add the almond milk, almond butter and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. The batter will be slightly wet, but that’s what you want. Pour into a greased square or round baking dish and bake for 35 minutes or until the oatmeal springs back when touched. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the cinnamon cashew frosting, rinse and drain the cashews. Combine all of the ingredients into a high speed blender along with 2 tablespoons of water to start. Blend on high, adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency is reached. Once smooth, blend for another minute to get an even more buttery texture. Transfer the cinnamon cashew frosting to a Ziploc bag and squeeze into one corner to make a homemade piping bag. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Once the oatmeal has cooled, snip the corner of the Ziploc bag and squeeze the frosting in a swirled pattern on top of the oatmeal. Cut into 8 even pieces and enjoy!
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 186mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: baked oatmeal, oatmeal, cinnamon roll, cinnamon roll oatmeal, vegan oatmeal, vegan baked oatmeal, gluten free oatmeal, meal prep oatmeal, meal prep breakfast, dairy free frosting, cinnamon cashew frosting