Try this autumn harvest power bowl if you’re looking for a delicious meal that can be thrown together in under 30 minutes for Meatless Monday (or any other day of the week).
For those of us who tend to lean towards the sweeter side of the sweet vs. salty scale, fall time is right up our alley. In-season produce such as root vegetables, winter squash and apples all help satisfy a raging sweet tooth, plus offer the health benefits of fiber, vitamins and minerals/
Power bowls are a busy person’s saving grace when trying to stick to healthy habits. All of the components can be prepped ahead of time and assembled when you need a quick, healthy meal in a flash.
This bowl can be made in under 30 minutes with almost any produce you have on hand to compliment the stars of the dish: roasted delicata squash, apples and roasted turmeric chickpeas drizzled in a decedent maple tahini sauce.
It’s really quite simple. Roast the squash with the chickpeas (you can even use the same pan = less cleanup) while chopping up the raw veggies for your bowl and whisking together the sauce. It’s that easy!
This autumn harvest bowl is packed with:
- Antioxidants to fight the effects of free-radicals in the body for disease prevention.
- Vitamin C to keep your immune system strong during cold and flu season!
- Vitamin A for optimal eye health and vision.
- Healthy Fats from the avocado which is your body’s main fuel source for energy. This nutrient also maintains dewy skin and shiny hair!
- Fiber from the many veggies to promote a healthy digestive system and keep you full for longer.
- Protein from the chickpeas to help satisfy your hunger and keep energy levels up.
If you make an autumn power bowl (or any other FitLiving Eats recipe) leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag #fitlivingeats on the ‘gram 🙂
Want more bowl inspiration? Check out my recipe for an Asian Quinoa Power Bowl with Miso Dressing and this roundup of 30 Plant-Based Power Bowls to power you through your day!Print
For the turmeric roasted chickpeas:
- 14.5 oz. can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- For the roasted delicata squash:
- 2 small delicata squash, seeds removed and cut into 1/4” slices
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented*
- 1 small red apple, cored and sliced*
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage*
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers*
- 3 cups baby spinach
For the maple tahini dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup water, to thin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the chickpeas on a parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with cumin and turmeric powder. Roll the chickpeas in the spices to evenly coat. Roast for about 20 minutes, or until slightly crispy.
- Place the delicata squash rounds on a separate parchment-lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the top with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Roast for about 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile make the dressing by adding the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Chop the remaining ingredients and assemble! Drizzle with the maple tahini dressing and enjoy!
*You could use any fruits and vegetables that you have one hand – be creative!