This Asian quinoa power bowl with ginger miso dressing is loaded with nutrients. It’s a quick and easy recipe that can be thrown together in less than 20 minutes!
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup edamame, shelled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup kimchi*
- 2 Tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Ginger Miso Dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tablespoons white miso
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 1 Tablespoon honey (or sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup water
- Rinse and drain the uncooked quinoa. Cook quinoa according to package instructions.*
- While quinoa is cooking, make the dressing. Place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a jar with a tight fitting lid and set aside.
- When the quinoa is cooked, add 1 cup to the bottom of two bowls. Add 1 Tablespoon coconut oil to each and mix until the coconut oil has melted. Top the quinoa with the spinach, carrots, edamame, dried cranberries, kimchi, and scallions, dividing evenly between each bowl.
- Drizzle with ginger miso dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Kimchi is optional if you can’t find it in your local grocery store.
- I use a rice cooker to cook my quinoa which is much easier than the stovetop. If you have a rice cooker, set it to the “quick rice” setting and you are good to go!