Try this winter harvest power bowl to satisfy your sweet tooth without continuing to snack on sweets and treats that are full of empty sugars. This power bowl is full of nutrients and “sweet” produce like roasted butternut squash and citrus fruit that will beat sugar cravings in a healthy way.
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 grapefruit, cut into segments
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ avocado, cut into segments
Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the butternut squash and garbanzo beans onto a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes, or until the squash are fork tender and garbanzo beans are crispy.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing in the bottom of a mixing bowl by adding all of the vinaigrette ingredients and whisking until well combined. Add the kale and massage the dressing into the kale leaves until tender.
- Divide the kale evenly among two bowls. Top with the roasted butternut squash, crispy chickpeas, grapefruit segments, avocado slices and pomegranate seeds.
Keywords: meal prep, power bowl, salad, harvest bowl, winter, seasonal produce, butternut squash, grapefruit, kale