This recipe for vegan pumpkin mac and cheese couldn’t get any easier to make and only requires seven ingredients! Try it tonight and get dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. Plus, you’ll probably feel less stressed and more confident in the kitchen, too!
As the days get shorter but yet somehow busier, it can be hard to find time to get a nutritious, home-cooked meal on the table. The fewer ingredients, utensils and time it takes to make a recipe, the more likely it will get done, right?
How to Make Vegan Mac and Cheese
This vegan pumpkin mac and cheese takes only 15 minutes to make and requires just seven ingredients. Now how’s that for a quick and easy meatless Monday meal?
Not only is this recipe designed for even the “non-cook” home cook, it’s also affordable (thanks to the minimal ingredients) and nutritious.
The nutrition stars of this vegan pumpkin mac and cheese recipe are:
- Pumpkin puree which is a fantastic source of fiber (to promote healthy digestion), vitamin A (to keep your peepers healthy and skin glowing), and iron which sustains the body with energy!
- Nutritional yeast, a great source of protein and B vitamins which promote healthy hair, skin and nails as well as a boost in energy.
- Coconut milk, full of medium-chain triglycerides which may benefit weight loss and boost metabolism.
- Whole grain pasta – many forms of whole grain or pasta made from legumes are gluten-free, full of fiber and protein to help keep you satisfied and full for longer.
Many of my clients often ask what kind of pasta they should be buying. I recommend looking for a pasta that is made from legumes (for additional protein/fiber) or whole grains (sprouted is an added bonus for easier digestion).
Want to know my secret pasta-making trick?
I’ve got a little trick for you to fit in more leafy greens in your day! When draining the pasta, add a heaping of spinach to the colander and pour the hot pasta water over it. This will wilt the spinach to add to the pasta and requires NO cooking!
If you make this 15-minute pumpkin mac and cheese, leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag #fitlivingeats on the ‘gram🙂Print
This recipe for vegan pumpkin mac and cheese couldn’t get any easier to make and only requires seven ingredients! Try it tonight and get dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, nutritional yeast, thyme, garlic powder and salt; stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and let heat through while the pasta is cooking.
- When the pasta is done cooking, add the spinach to a colander and pour the hot pasta water over to wilt the greens. Add the spinach and the pasta to the pumpkin sauce and stir to coat. Enjoy!